• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Powering my rv with 806b?

Chainbreaker

Initially you said "to power my TV" & it was interpreted by others to mean "RV" 🚌. I hope it's the latter... unless you have one of those jumbo-tron stadium 🏟sized displays 📺 you might have a bit of a problem with wet stacking ;)

FYI - I have one of those Gen Pro units that I have only used, so far, to easily hook up my load bank (Comfort Zone Heater) to my MEP-002a gensets now & then. Very handy little spider box.

According to the schematic I have, there are 2 models (4.0 - 7.5 KW) and (9 - 15 KW). The P/N that is on my unit is: Cowart P/N CG03-01F and that is the 4-7.5 KW unit that I bought via Gillette. It is rated for 30 amp output using the L1430R receptacle. The other model, the 9-15 KW unit, is 50 amp service rated via a 14-50R receptacle along with a L5-30-R receptacle as well.

Hope this helps.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
MEP-806b is a 60KW set. 120 volts x 600 amps x .80 percent power factor = 60 KW Most houses have a 200 amp main panel and rarely exceed a 150 amp load with an all electric house. Some other considerations for you to think about are >
1. Fuel, the general rule is it takes 1 gallon per hour to generate 10 KW, so at full load you will be using 6 gallons of diesel an hour or 144 gallons a day. Are you going to have another tractor to haul the 5000 gallon fuel tank?

2. Run at less than 70 percent load (42 KW) it will wet stack, and the only cure is to get it loaded up and burn off the excess un-burned fuel. How do you propose doing that (cause if it does wet stack too long it will quit)?

3. The machine weighs 4200 pounds, what are you going to haul it on? And who is going to drive the vehicle pulling it. Do you have three vehicles and qualified drivers - the one driving the fuel tanker will have to have a hazmat endorsement on their license (but only if it is carrying more than 119 gallons - whopse, that's not even a days worth of fuel).

I really think you need to total up the wattage of everything in your RV and divide by 100 to see how many amps/KW you will actually be using. Sell the 806b and get something a little more in line with your actual needs (and spend the rest on fuel).

319cssb

Initially you said "to power my TV" & it was interpreted by others to mean "RV" 🚌. I hope it's the latter... unless you have one of those jumbo-tron stadium 🏟sized displays 📺 you might have a bit of a problem with wet stacking ;)

FYI - I have one of those Gen Pro units that I have only used, so far, to easily hook up my load bank (Comfort Zone Heater) to my MEP-002a gensets now & then. Very handy little spider box.

According to the schematic I have, there are 2 models (4.0 - 7.5 KW) and (9 - 15 KW). The P/N that is on my unit is: Cowart P/N CG03-01F and that is the 4-7.5 KW unit that I bought via Gillette. It is rated for 30 amp output using the L1430R receptacle. The other model, the 9-15 KW unit, is 50 amp service rated via a 14-50R receptacle along with a L5-30-R receptacle as well.

Hope this helps.
Damn autocorrect. Of course I meant RV, that’s why I posted a link with the specs of my RV, but you clicked on the link and knew what I meant, right?

@Chainbreaker The unit I’m talking of buying is a genpro gillette cg03-01f. Do you have the part number for the 50 amp spider box?

Last edited:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
MEP-806b at 70 percent load produces slightly over 1000 KwH a day. The Biltmore House might use that much in a day, but it's a bit larger than most of us can afford. The 806b will also be burning 4.2 gallons x 24 hours x $3.50 a gallon = $352.80 a day for diesel. That must be SOME BIG RV! My house does not use 3000 KwH in a month.

Are you pulling our legs, or have you not thought things through logically?

319cssb

Sir
MEP-806b at 70 percent load produces slightly over 1000 KwH a day. The Biltmore House might use that much in a day, but it's a bit larger than most of us can afford. The 806b will also be burning 4.2 gallons x 24 hours x $3.50 a gallon = $352.80 a day for diesel. That must be SOME BIG RV! My house does not use 3000 KwH in a month.

Are you pulling our legs, or have you not thought things through logically?
Sir , I have a running 806b at the moment. A non running 802a and two non running 831. For now I got to go by what I have in case of an emergency.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sir

Sir , I have a running 806b at the moment. A non running 802a and two non running 831. For now I got to go by what I have in case of an emergency.
I was presuming that you had some use for the 806B other than just the RV.

For example, my generator also runs my welder and plasma cutter, not just my RV.

Just out of curiosity, do you use a 20lb sledgehammer
🔨 to swat flies 🪰 ? :)

Chainbreaker

Damn autocorrect. Of course I meant RV, that’s why I posted a link with the specs of my RV, but you clicked on the link and knew what I meant, right?

@Chainbreaker The unit I’m talking of buying is a genpro gillette cg03-01f. Do you have the part number for the 50 amp spider box?
Actually, since I was not familiar with the 806B (just knew it was a big kw unit), I only skimmed your initial post & saw mention of the Gen Pro spider box that I did have & neglected to click on the link before I posted my comments on the Gen Pro spider box that I have. Sorry, I totally missed the RV connection until after I posted.

No, I don't have the P/N for the other Gen Pro panel. I beleive Gen Pro is just the panel mfg. Not sure if the other panel was ever offered in the custom box it was mounted in. May have been a military contract for just the smaller panel. I have only seen the one model I purchased ever offered by the seller I purchased the box from.

Last edited:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sir

Your 806b needs to have 420 amps of load to keep it from wet stacking if run for more than a day or so. A 50 amp RV pigtail will only be able to draw a maximum of 100 amps (50 in each leg). Unfortunately for your wallet, even loafing along with only 100 amps of draw it will drink over 2 gallons an hour of diesel. Read the threads here about wet stacking, and the threads about sizing generators. The information is here for the asking, educate yourself so you do not ruin the generator you have running and wind up with nothing in a second emergency.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks