• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Prc6 rt-196

Ray Collier

prc-6

Yes I have a set of plans and I plan to make one. I am only going to make one for the time being this was I can check both raios to see if they power up at least, thank you for your reply, Ray

foxmike

I found some old PRC-6 batteries and just used them for parts. The connector is a 7 pin vacuum tube socket so you may be able to find one at a electrical parts place.

uscgmatt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is the way I tested mine, lots of glue, tape, 9v, C and D cell batteries. I used a 7 pin vacuum tube socket for the plug. The link posted above is a good way to build your own.

Matt

Attachments

The french army had a neat battery adaptor for the prc 6. It used 8 D-cell batteries and had a solid-state inverter on it that generated the proper voltages.
Unforetunatly, they are as rare as hen's lips. I once tried to reverse-engineer one, but unfortunatly the electronic unit is encapsulated and sealed.
Foxmike, do you have a contact of that guy in italy? That sounds like a neat solution!

Cheers,
Mark

mrcub63

Try this email address.
pietronoto@tiscali.it
There is also a ebay auction right now for one of the adapters from the same person I think. Search for prc-6
hi foxmike, I realize this is an old thread concerning the PRC-6 battery adapter, I’ve tried contacting the gentleman from Italy and get no rest, I’m still looking for some type of adapter, I’m not electronically savvy at all to build one. On another note, how do you know you might have bad tubes?..I appreciate any help, thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks