• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

pre heater.

redass73

I dont think my pre heater is working correctly. the light bulb never comes on. and it never seems to help it start. but in the past when giving it a small sniff of ether, there has been a little 'woosh' in the intake tube so I know somethings getting hot in there..

also all my manuals are on CD so their a pain in the a** to find things in..
thanks
rick

jwaller

make sure the single wire running down to the battery is hooked up. it's a 12V circuit and runs off 1 battery and the bulb is always kinda dim. check that wire and grab a DVM and start tracing it down.

redass73

broke out the meter..checked it at the spark plug lookin thing in the intake tube. gettin 12.65 volts. 'same as the battery its hooked to. but still not light '' new bulb'' ..hows that plug thing supposed to look.

jwaller

looks kinda like a spark plug. I remember when I unhooked my spark plug it made the bulb in the dash much much brighter. try disconnecting it and see if it makes the bulb glow. if it does yours may be faulty. also be sure with your meter that your getting voltage to the bulbs socket and it's got a good ground.

redass73

well still no bulb but I do have 12v in the socket. and also hooked my plug thing to a 12v power suply , its been over 15 mins and not even warm. are these available at napa or is it MV specific. thanks
rick

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks