• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Prepping a Gen trailer for the road home.

Bluevic443

Nice score! Between the 0w30 and heater kit, they must've been someplace cold! Hope you don't need that in Texas!
By your location, looks like you could use the "Winter Kit" more than me!!! It really crowds an already crowded space. It would be nice to know it's travels from birth in 1998, to the heater install on 09/2001 by Radian Inc, to how it ended up in San Antonio Texas, then finaly to me in Lake Jackson.

Bluevic443

Were you in the military? You have some TM changes. Do you know how to post them?
No sir, I was never in the service. That was all the documentation that was in the doors of the units. There was a coil of aux fuel hose that was very stiff and still had the green tape around it. Each gen set has three sections of ground rod bolted to the skid and both sets of 3 unions with cap screw. Someone is also missing a Bostick 10mm ratchet wrench that I found under one of the battery trays :cool: . I'm up to page 27 on all the post on these beasts.
Not sure if I understand your question. Does my TM's have some info that needs to be posted to the group? Will be glad too!!!

Guyfang

Staff member
What I am getting at is this. The TM's you have, all have a date. And some will have printed on the cover, or printed on the first 1 or 2 sheets, a change number, IF it has been changed to correct something misprinted, or to give you some more info not in the original TM. The TM date is important, as it will tell you if you have the newest TM. The number of changes, (if there are changes) is important, for the same reason as the TM date. If you have outdated TM's, or the TM's that you have do not have the right Changes, then you are using a document that may not help you, may not inform you of something important.

To the right of the TM's, it looks like you have at least 2 change documents. To the left, you have 2 copy's of the Generator -10 TM. There are also 2 copy's of the LO, (Lube Order) for the generators. There is also a copy of the basic Trailer TM. You are missing a bunch of other TM's. All the Tm's for this PP, (power Plant) have been up loaded to the SS TM forum. With, as far as I know, all the latest updated TM's and changes. Except for TM's that are not allowed to be distributed to the public.

Why don't you list here the TM's, by number, date and changes, (if any are in the basic TM) and what changes are in the pile to the right. List the change number as well as the TM number. Hopefully, the changes to the right, are for the -10 gen set TM's. Hopefully, the changes are in sequence to the TM's. By that I mean, you can not insert change #4, before inserting changes 1,2 and 3.

Bluevic443

Guyfanf,
You Are A Fountain of Knowledge on these gen sets. Have enjoyed all of your post, still on pg. 27 of the generators.
Paper work: They both are identical.
Army TM 9-6115-641-10 circa 30 DECEMBER 1992
Inside cover: CHANGE NO. 1 TM 9-6115-641-10/TO35C2-3-456-11 circa 30 December 1992.

Smaller TM: CHANGE NO. 2 TM 9-6115-641-10/TO35C2-3-456-11 circa 30 December 1992.

LO 9-6115-641-12 circa 30 OCTOBER 1996

TB 9-6115-641-24 WARRANTY PROGRAM circa 30 OCTOBER 1996

DEPRESERVATION GUIDE FOR VEHICLES AND EQUIPMENT
Hand written serial number, and date 1/14/98. Still sealed in it's plastic bag. For front gen set.
Second set of papers just had the second gen set's serial number and the rest was blank. Still sealed in it's plastic bag.

All of that in another opened plastic bag with MIL-B-117G T4 C-C SII/MIL-B-22191-D-T-II circa FEB 97.

Trailer TM 9-2330-202-14&P circa MAY 1997

______END OF REPORT_____

From what I can deduce:

Gen Set 1 on the front was manufactured on 09/1998 SN: FZ00922
Gen Set 2 on the back was manufactured on 09/1998 SN: FZ01029 (just 107 apart).
Both were mounted on the M116A3 trailer that was made in June 1999. SN: 770
Making it a POWER PLANT AN/MJQ-35 2-DED, 5KW, 60Hz. SN: T-97-307-19
They then had the Heater Kits installed around Sept 2001 with SN: AOO53 and AOO54
The front Gen Set only has 111 hours and the back just 29 hours.
The paint around all the skids look undisturbed. This beast did a lot of sitting and doing nothing!!!
Hate the disturb the matching paint, but I need to unmount the back one to remove the covers to work on either one.
Now the Covid-19 panic has my job up in the air. So I doubt I will be buy to many new parts till it settles down and the job location is finalized.
"May We Live In Interesting Times"

Guyfang

Staff member
The operators TM's, the -10 are old. There is in the forum TM section, the newer one, dated 15 Oct-2009.
The LO-12 has also been superseded. The new one has a 1 June 2009 date.
The trailer TM has also been superseded. New one has a date of 30 Dec 2011.

All these TM's are in the forum. I like paper TM's. But the Army paper is much better then running one off from the digital format, unless you use GOOD paper. That jacks up the price. I have accepted the digital TM's, but will always take a paper TM first.

This doesn't mean to stop reading the TM's. I always liked to compare the new and old, but then this is what I did for a living.

As a matter of fact, I loved installing changes. It gave me the ability to see what had been changed. Sometimes it was nonsense, other times something very important.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks