• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Preventing tire scrub on stock M35A2 rear axles.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All,

I know that "seperating" the front rear and rear rear axles is a good thing, since I dont plan on going off road with my Deuce. Question is exactly how.. Cut down axle shafts, or unbolting the "drive shaft" that connects the 2 axles. My front air shift works great, so I have little concern for getting stuck. How did you make your 6x6 a 6x4?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
3 ways Mark. You can remove the driveshaft between them. Works but not a real easy job getting it in and out. You can remove a rear axle shaft. You can cover the hole with an extra front drive flange. You could also have and axle made with double splines and add one lockout to the rear. It would be a matter of a twist of the hub to lcok and unlock them. Oh yeah, the 4th way. Hotrod Deuce has driveshaft disconnects that can be fabbed to work.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
You could also have and axle made with double splines and add one lockout to the rear. It would be a matter of a twist of the hub to lcok and unlock them
Best way and what I plan to do-see JWallers album