• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Preview inspection appointment?

Mitchell

Supposedly I have to have an appointment to preview and tomorrow is the last day. I haven't had any luck with the phone number, and I emailed them tonight, but I have to know so I can take some time off work tomorrow.

Can you just show up, or when it says appointment only, is that definitely the case?

Last edited:

GoldComet6

Hey Mitchell....welcome to the site!

1) Just FYI....it's a Steel Soldiers rule violation to post about an ongoing auction. This includes ebay, GSA, & GL. Plus...by posting the link, you have brought the truck you are interested in to everyone's attention. Just sayin'....

2) From my experience, your name should be given to the gate security at the base by the GL personnel, otherwise you can't get in to preview. Keep trying to contact them, if you have an appointment you should be able to get in. If not...they'll turn you away, until they get the okay from GL. So....do you feel lucky?

Last edited:

nkawtg

The main reason to register is to be able to get on base. If they don't confirm, you may not have authorization to enter. If you have an ID, no issues........you can get on base and preview.

This is the case, at least at Selfridge.......

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Is it a manned or unmanned site?

That will make a big difference in when you can visit.

Depending on the staffing at the active GL site they may only go to the unmanned sites they cover once or twice a month. This is the case in Albany, GA....pickup there can be an exercise in frustration.

The rules also vary from installation to installation.....depending on security level.

I can get on most posts with my retired military ID but not all of them.

Just getting access does not mean that you will get to preview if you just show up without calling.....most GL sites are busy because GL maximizes profits by minimizing staffing.

There is a lot of work involved in the process and after talking to GL folks I have a lot of respect for how much they have to do in the time alloted.

Hope this helps.

Mitchell

Hey Mitchell....welcome to the site!

1) Just FYI....it's a Steel Soldiers rule violation to post about an ongoing auction. This includes ebay, GSA, & GL. Plus...by posting the link, you have brought the truck you are interested in to everyone's attention. Just sayin'....

2) From my experience, your name should be given to the gate security at the base by the GL personnel, otherwise you can't get in to preview. Keep trying to contact them, if you have an appointment you should be able to get in. If not...they'll turn you away, until they get the okay from GL. So....do you feel lucky?
My bad... a rule broke in my first post.

I will make a call in the morning. I can only hope someone answers.

GoldComet6

Ahh...much better now Mitchell!! Not trying to be a big jerk, but it's a rule that everyone should observe. Works out best for all in the end.

Once that specific auction is over, feel free to post away! If you buy something, then we'll expect "pitchers" and more info on your purchase.

If it's not to far, you can go to the lot and see what happens....might work out fine! :D

Preacherboy

so Mitch are you wanting to preview at Selfridge? As stated above Joe's cell number is in the other thread 2x...Call him early and I'd be at the visitor's center of the base at 7:45 AM making that call. Hopefully it all works out for you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks