• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

problem with head lights

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
my blinkers and head lights wouldnt come on so i thought bad switch. so after the new one came in i installed it. the blinkers now work but still no head lights. i checked for curent at lights,non and non at the dimmer. any help ful hint would be so helpfull thanks in advance Tim

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do the tail lights come on? Are you using the correct switch positions for the headlights?
I believe the headlight wire is 16(between the 3 lever switch and the dimmer switch) and the pin is M on the light switch(be sure the pin is clean and not pushed back on the cannon plug).

jasonjc

And make shure the lower left lever is NOT in the park position , as it trun the headlights off. And the front marker lights will not come on with the headlights.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i just now went out at night time to try the lights, i just turned them on and they came on. i didnt use the lower left park switch before or after, but yesterday after i couldnt get them on i drove it down the road some but didnt try the lights after the short drive. im thinking that there is a loose wire or somethink? ill try again tomorrow and maybe tighten up the light switch connector thanks guys for your support Tim

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was wondering about that, why do the front marker lights not come on with the headlights? why is there a seperate switch position for them? I thought I had bad wiring for a little while there.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thats the design. Older vehicles were like that too. If you search deep enough there is an article here that I reposted from the Mil-Veh list that Jonathon Emery wrote covering just this topic and converting it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks