• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Problems with Newstar m35a2 inner axle seals

muthkw25

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On one of my trucks last year I completed maintenance on one of my axles and reserviced with new seals, grease and bearings. Followed the tm specs to a T. I come out to start doing maintenance for the season and both inner axle seals I replaced are leaking. Theres 500 miles on these seals. The inner axle seals I got were from Newstar. Has anyone had issues with their inner axle seals? I have heard of issues with the outer seals but not the inside ones. I also made sure the seals were press fit perfectly because I have a tool from western Canadian Rockwell that allows you to use the spindle nut and evenly press the seal Into place so its not my human error that is causing the failure.

Does anyone know of someone selling some nos or real Rockwell inner axle seals? I'm not a fan of this cheap crap. Thank you in advance.

muthkw25

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The outer seals where the key way is, is a new rockwell seal. I can't imagine that failed. Maybe it was the cork that gave way. I'll take it apart and see what the culprit is. It might be the cork. If so I'll replace with a piece of rubber and or some rtv. Thank you for the advice.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks