• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PTO and Winch Questions

CloverFireCo

We have the M813A1 pictured in my profile there.

An M39 series truck showed up at our fire company with a winch that we would like to remove and install on the M813. I was told to look to see if the PTO was the correct one to fit the M813 and I do see in the TM's that there were 2 different PTO's but no way to differentiate which PTO goes to what truck.

Hopefully simple question, will the PTO from that M39 multifuel fit our M813/M809 series truck, the transmissions are definitely different on the 2 trucks, the multifuel has a standard shift pattern and our has that odd-ball placement for the 4th and 5th forward gears, but the transfer cases look exactly the same to me.

I know, definitely not enough information here, but is 2am and not going down to copy numbers or take pictures.

Chris

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Everything will work except the driveshaft, you are going to need a longer M809 driveshaft.

You can also have the M39 driveshaft lengthened at a driveline shop.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks