• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PTO/ Transmission question about M916A2

Hoolio

I need to know if someone out there has any idea if the hotshift PTO and hydraulic pump can used as a full time hydraulic power source for a municipal plow truck. The PTO needs to run at all times to run plow , spreader, and dump body. I know the 2 section pump is 9 GPM per section at 1000 RPM.. The Chelsea 270XAAJP-B5XK has a solenoid and clutchpack for engagement. But will it turn thr pump at idle speeds in gear [ Allison HT-740 trans. with Detroit DEDECIII engine]. Thanks Roy [ CUCV 1028]

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is as I recall: The HT-740 has a PTO gear on the very first planetary, i.e. the ring gear turns at the same speed as the engine (minus converter slip when not locked) at all times. The PTO aperture is at 10:00, so some PTOs are set up for lubrication. These PTOs routinely are used for long periods of time, but I would consult Muncie/Chelsea for continuous duty.