• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PTO

mangus580

My dad used one to power a hydro pump for his wood splitter years ago... (on a 203, same PTO though)

btw... get your truck going?

SsjSned

not yet, plan to have the starter checked in the mean while im just testing and checking wires and tightening/fixing connections. A little over my head since im new to this electrical stuff but Ill keep at it.

mangus580

I wish I had time to stop last weekend... it didnt work out. Its possible, that I might be able to swing down in a couple weeks. My father in law has houses he rents in Milford, and he plans to be there around Aug 18, so we might come down for a visit.

What do you want to use a PTO for?

Taz

My 1031 (contact maintanence) trucks use a PTO off of the 205 to drive a 12 KW generator which powers an air compressor and welder as well as the service panel with multiple outlets. I thin k the output on the PTO can be swapped around so that it faces fowards to drive a winch or whatever.

mangus580

Power Take Off

it allows you to add mechanically powered devices to your truck. I should comment, one problem with automatic trucks is getting them into gear. Usually, you end up turning the truck off to engage them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks