• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Puddle of coolant under my bellhousing

CivilEGR

Only when the truck is hot, I'll get a puddle of coolant dripping off the bellhousing. I can't tell where it's coming from, so I'd like some suggestions on where to look. This engine has less than 2000 miles on a top end rebuild with new head gaskets so I'm grasping at straws here.

cucvrus

Check closely in the valley below the intake manifold. Is it wet there? And check all the coolant sensors and plates that cover holes in the rear of the head on the right side. Does the cross over coolant manifold leak? I would go there before I got to excited. Good Luck. Report back.

Barrman

It probably is from one of the cross over or block off plates as suggested above. Next, if they are all dry I suggest looking at the heater hoses at the firewall. If they are good and the valley is dry. Head gaskets are about all that is left near the rear of the engine.

cwc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wonder if your lifter valley drain is intact and routed to the lower side of the engine near the oil filter. If the tubing is missing or has a hole then the lifter valley would drain into the bellhousing area.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW ace using Tapatalk

cucvrus

CUCV's have no tubing in the rear of the block. Just a cast hole in the rear of the valley under the intake manifold. And any leak is going to leak more under pressure. Pressure test the engine and check where it is coming from. Good Luck. The pressure test will tell all.

CivilEGR

I started looking around and nothing really sticks out. I'm going to spray some de-greaser back there and hose it down. Then I'll dry everything off real good and let it sit in the driveway and warm up to see if I can track it down better.

CivilEGR

I had a chance to dive into this a little more. After pulling the air filter and letting it run to work up pressure, I noticed the valley was wet. It took some digging, but it turned out it wasn't coolant. One of my fuel lines was loose coming out of the pump. Luckily it was one I could tighten without removing the manifold. So far, no puddles under the truck now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks