• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

purge troubles

zpromax777

Hi all. Have a small, but frustrating problem. The purge plate on my air dryer will stick open. Truck is A2 with ABS and HALDEX N50011F air dryer. I pulled the snap rings and bottom cover off and O rings are ok and clean. Valve will blow/ pulse , especially on narrow road or traffic. A quick bump with a nut driver end and I am back on my way. Does This happen to anybody else

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, it is common. the piston will stick. There is a lower rebuild kit. Clean and hone bore plus lube the o ring. Many have also replaced with a more modern design. Plenty of choices out there in the civy world. Ours does have a 24v heater so I don't know the weather in your parts so that could be a consideration to have a 24v compatible heater. Search on here as many threads on rebuild and conversions on the m939 platform.

If you do rebuild, change the cartridge also.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hi all. Have a small, but frustrating problem. The purge plate on my air dryer will stick open. Truck is A2 with ABS and HALDEX N50011F air dryer. I pulled the snap rings and bottom cover off and O rings are ok and clean. Valve will blow/ pulse , especially on narrow road or traffic. A quick bump with a nut driver end and I am back on my way. Does This happen to anybody else
And often times, your hand (flat palm) on the bottom of the dryer will also do the same thing (fix your leak). Rebuilding and cleaning like @juanprado mentioned should solve the problem. Cleanliness is next to Godliness in your air system!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks