• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Purpose of a bracket on the passenger side floor of a M1008?

AJMBLAZER

I put new door weatherstripping on Big Ugly today and noticed that the padding under the carpet was wet. Added that to my list of things to do under the heading of "remove".

Interestingly on the passenger side there appears to be some kind of bracket on the floor about the size of a battery. I'm not saying it was for a battery, just that it's size reminded me of that.

I was told the truck came from a Minnesota NG or Reserve armor unit. Meanwhile it has the remains of an aircraft control tower light code communication chart on the overhead visor making me believe it spent some time around aviation at some point in the past.

Anybody know what the bracket might have been from?

The annoying part is it looks like Alfa or someone in the military removed part of the bracket by twisting it off of the floor...leaving me a little hole that was concealed under the carpet. Not terribly hard to fix but still annoying...

AJMBLAZER

So uhm, what did that dohickey look like?

I can't remember anything on the floorboards of any of the CUCV's I saw when I was in the Marines about 5 years ago.

If my memory serves me it was a tall rectangular box about 8 or 10 inches on a side and about 12 to 18 inches tall. As I recal they had a radioactive element of some kind inside so they were carefully controlled and were not often used in training situations.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks