• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Put the crane to work today

m109guy

Good to see the Canadian iron still working hard ;)

We have an MLVW w/ HIAB crane and use it all the time. Plus it is a lot of fun to use :D

Stalwart

I used the crane on the HEMTT the other day for the first time. WOW, I think I'll can almost get rid of my forklift now. Now I just need to make or buy a pallet lifter . . .

nf6x

Feral Engineer
Cool. I've often considered replacing my tired old 5-ton wrecker with a deuce-mounted knuckleboom. Is that one of the HEMTT cranes from those HEMTT trailers that were surplussed off? If so, what was involved in mounting it on your truck? I bid on a few of the HEMTT trailers a year or so ago, but didn't win any.

Stalwart

Cool. I've often considered replacing my tired old 5-ton wrecker with a deuce-mounted knuckleboom. Is that one of the HEMTT cranes from those HEMTT trailers that were surplussed off? If so, what was involved in mounting it on your truck? I bid on a few of the HEMTT trailers a year or so ago, but didn't win any.
I have a 977 HEMTT, it has the stock type knuckle boom. I don't know where Damon found it but Leonard has the same one on his Baby HEMTT.

Steamynachos

This one came mounted on the truck from the army its a hiab 550/b. Pretty much just a civilian crane painted green you can see the orange paint in the scratches. and the box was shortened about 2 feet and mounted farther back.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks