• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Putting the generators to work...

Digger556

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know many of you, especially you FL guys, put your generators into action during emergency situations. This weeknd I got to put mine to use for fun and a good cause. The local school down the street had their annual fundraiser and a member of the PTA asked if I could run power at the event. I ended up deploying 4 units in total, two MEPs and two small Honda inverters, running inflatables, concessions and a PA system. All-in-all a good time and a chance to add some hrs to my newer machines while serving the local community.

Being walking distance away, loading up the truck didnt make sense, so I made two quick trips with the little tractor. I formed a small road train both times to get all the cables, gens, and distribution to the site. In the future, I may need to build a proper aux dolly for hauling all the extras.

20230930_072625.jpg

Generators deployed: The rental company didnt think a single 12kW would run all the blowers. The 803 didnt even flinch.
20230930_164930.jpg

The event was a big success and the school saved a few hundred dollars on rentals, which will go back to the kids.
20231002_225004.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks