• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pyro Just Came In, Need Help Turning Fuel Up...

Tlauden

Ok thanks! Don't let the rod turn, got it!! :) I am looking around at EGT gauges now, I'm thinking just 1 decent one somewhere in the exhaust manifold since I got the non turbo. Right now my deuce won't get out of it's own way so it needs something done haha

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not sure how much it will help turning up the fuel on a non-turbo. You may just be making more smoke since you don't have a turbo to provide boost.

monkeyfist

Ok thanks! Don't let the rod turn, got it!! :) I am looking around at EGT gauges now, I'm thinking just 1 decent one somewhere in the exhaust manifold since I got the non turbo. Right now my deuce won't get out of it's own way so it needs something done haha
I got a AutoMeter Cobalt pyro for mine. Its a 12-16v. You might want to get a 24v pyro if you dont have 12v in your truck. I still need to get 12v kickin in my truck. I have a lot of things I need to run that arent 24v.

Not sure turning your fuel up will do any good withouth boost but Im not positive. On gas engines its pointless to add fuel if you cant get the air to burn it, ie boost, nitrous, ect.

monkeyfist

The best thing to get for a 24v vehicle is a non-electric pyro. That way the 24v won't matter.

That being said, I do have an electric 12v Autometer pyro in mine. Only used it because that's what I had. Here's a link to how I ran a 12v pyro on 24v- http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/46674-autometer-pyro.html?highlight=autometer
Thanks for the link.[thumbzup] I came upon the 7812 when doing some research but it seemed too easy to be true. Good to know it works. Nice trick drilling for the pyro probe with the engine running. I wasnt looking forward to pulling the turbo.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 7812 is rated for 2 amps. I've heard reports that they sometimes overheat on anything over a amp though. I do know from experience that it will power a Autometer pyro fine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks