• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question about frame/ rail bumper extension

SteelNinja

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey everyone, Im wanting to turn my bumper over on the M35 (it's a non-winch) and move the bumper forward enough to install an electric winch
my questions are
are the (Id call it )frame extensions a big C channel? or ? is it better to find some off another deuce or just get metal from a Fab shop? any advice on which way and Im watching my coins .Thanks

ToddJK

The extensions are 22" long. Same width as the actual frame, same height as the frame, but shrinks down to 3.5" or so for the height going into the bumper, but you can measure inside the bumper and inside the frame rail for exact measurements you need once the bumper is off. Here are the pics as to how they look if need ideas to fab your brackets. The winch itself provides the stability between the frame rails so you'll have to use a little ingenuity to put a bracket in place since the original winch is far different than how the electric winch will be mounted and installed. At least the pictures show how the winch mounts to the frame rails, so I don't see why a HD plate can't be mounted in a similar fashion.
Nevermind the mud or the wires 😆

Attachments

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Exact dimensions are here....

SteelNinja

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Id be nice to get a set for $300 or cheaper !!
I guess I need to save my coins and do it correctly - SSSSHHhh dont tell my wifey but Ive been throwing change in ammo cans for years - and I think Its time to start putting them in wrappers and buy the parts I need - Im not getting younger and I need things off my bucket list..

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just get some channel as heavy as your frame rails are and as tall and if you dont weld get a friend or family member that does to just make the 2 pieces for you ! Theres no rocket science here and they dont have to be exactly like factory ones just hell for stout and neat as you can ! Then take the 500 bucks left over to pay for your Raptor bedliner and other goodies !

Deester157

Id be nice to get a set for $300 or cheaper !!
I guess I need to save my coins and do it correctly - SSSSHHhh dont tell my wifey but Ive been throwing change in ammo cans for years - and I think Its time to start putting them in wrappers and buy the parts I need - Im not getting younger and I need things off my bucket list..
Ever get your extensions and winch mounted? Looking to do the same. Thanks

Reactions: HDN
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks