• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question about mounting an AN/VRC-160 in a Deuce

Ok, so I am going to start the install of my AN/VRC-160 in my duece tomorrow. Are there pre-drilled holes to mount the MT 1029 to the floor under the passenger seat or do I need to drill them myself? Any advice suggestions are welcome.

jwaller

I dont think there are holes that will match up with the radio mount. the holes in the floor match up with the arctic battery box. you can prob use 1 of them but you will need to bolt up the other 3 yourself.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Er...I would say look under the seat Mik:-|

Might be a bunch of holes...or none...come to the hooch next Saturday...not tomorrow...so we can look under the seat and call you a slacker:beer:
Of course ya know we love ya Brother...but we gotta yank yer chain:twisted:

wsucougarx

Hi Mik, no pre-drilled holes. You'll need to drill them yourself. Be sure to separate the two halves of the MT-1029 (remove the 4-5 stainless steel bolts to separate) it makes it much easier to drill. I also removed my bench seat b/c it gets pretty tight in there. There is a crossmember you'll need to try and avoid. If not then you'll just need a longer bolt. Be sure to leave enough room for the MT-1898 should you decide to add a R-442 to your setup. Also, take into consideration the front of radio and front cables when deciding how far back to place your mount. Don't want your passenger to get hung up in your cables or ruin your cables/plug-ins.