• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

question about the condition codes on GL

jblack6527

This may be the wrong section to post this in, but I wasn't sure where to put it.
Has anybody seen these codes? Are the accurate? I just bid on a truck (I will admit, I got a little ahead of myself) that has a condition code of HX which according to GL means :H = Material which has been determined to be unserviceable and does not meet repair criteria. X = Property has some value in excess of its basic material content, but repair or rehabilitation and/or uneconomical.

I guess what I'm asking is, did I just buy a parts truck? Or is that just something they put there on certain trucks to CTA?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are not accurate at all. I have bought scrap, worthless junk listed as A1 (unused), and perfectly usable items listed as H7 (unserviceable/condemned). Remember, nothing beats inspection of your wares with your own eyes BEFORE you bid.

jblack6527

Thanks for the reply maddawg. I know that a preview is best, but I was looking around last night and saw it, and thought "what the heck, that's a pretty good looking truck, I'll toss in a kinda cheap bid and see how it goes".

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As Mike said, disregard the condition code. I just got two trucks that had come through complete overhauls...one had 75 miles...and they were listed as GX.

jblack6527

Cool :D Thanks for the help fellas. Hopefully I'll get it, and bacome a First time MV owner..

EDIT: BTW, did anyone happen to preview the trucks at Richmond VA?

chuck500cc

Mine was HX and I have put over 1000 miles on it since I drove it home from La. Now when it rains, you get real wet even though it has a top on it. :driver:

Chuck XD Fan

uh60

Some trucks like cucvs and m25a2 are being removed from inventory Army wide outdated. The code is the same for all trucks being removed. Even if the truck has no defects the code will say its bad.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
The codes do not mean alot....I bought an M185A3 with condition code F7 (rebuildable), when I picked her up, I found a completely serviced driveable deuce with a new engine and driveline....even several brand new tires.
Can't find anything to rebuild.
Does need some paint though.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Ditto, ditto, ditto.

I use to get rid of perfectly good equipment to get it out of my warehouse cause I was loosing storage space or tired of having it around and waiting for disposition. Pencil whipped condition codes can be quite common.

HeadWizard

jblack6527 said:
Cool :D Thanks for the help fellas. Hopefully I'll get it, and bacome a First time MV owner..

EDIT: BTW, did anyone happen to preview the trucks at Richmond VA?
I was at the Richmond site when you sent your post yesterday. Spent a couple of hours poking around. Bottom line, Most of it was cr*p.

I did find the M35 I won a couple weeks ago and hadn't looked at. I was very pleased. 7 of the tires are NEW. The radiator is NEW and was still holding pressure from whenever it was run last, it needs a top. When I turned on the power, no air buzzer noise (though it does work). It still had pressure in the tanks and when I pushed START, it started immediately. Good brakes and drove great. Absolutely amazing for $950.

Good buy for an HX truck.

Attachments

jblack6527

Thanks for the reply, I guess in that light now I'm glad I got out bid.. Just so you know, I'll give you your money back on that deuce.. lol Just kiddin.

USMilitarySurplus

Yeah, the condition code given to us by the government is the only source of information we have regarding the condition of an item. We don't receive maintenance records, for example, that would allow us to make a judgment of an item's condition. Which is why we encourage all potential buyers to preview items. Then you know if it fulfills the plans you have for it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks