• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question about the M886 Dodge Ambulance

fallen

Can anyone advise what type of tools are required to remove the interior from a m886 ambulance. I have located one that has all of the fixtures in the patient area. The problem is its a long way from home and i want to make sure i have the tools I need. I think it requires a special socket. also will i have to get under the vehicle to access any of the bolts. thanks

fallen

Just in case anyone is interested I removed the litter carriers ect. from a j20 jeep. The boxes are almost idenitcal to the M886. The benches were secured with Torx 30 screws. Too bad the j-20 was nothing but a rust bucket when i found it, otherwise it would be sitting in my to-do pile.

L1A1

Just in case anyone is interested I removed the litter carriers ect. from a j20 jeep. The boxes are almost idenitcal to the M886. The benches were secured with Torx 30 screws. Too bad the j-20 was nothing but a rust bucket when i found it, otherwise it would be sitting in my to-do pile.
j-20? Was this a civilian variant of the Military's M725 (Ambulance variant of the M715)?
Matt

fallen

It was really interesting If I can find one if good condition with a reasonable price I would definately try to get it; This one actaully had a suction outlet and an airconditioner in the aambulance body.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks