• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question from a Newbie

txjcfsr

Hello, wonderful site here, I am getting all sorts of information for my newly acquired M35A2. I am doing new wheel cylinders and seals, and noticed this line near the master cylinder that is not connected to anything. Can you please help me identify what this is, but more importantly, where it goes and what I need to hook it back up to? Any help is greatly appreciated and this site makes owing my new deuce a much better experience. Lots of knowledge here! Thank you

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hello, wonderful site here, I am getting all sorts of information for my newly acquired M35A2. I am doing new wheel cylinders and seals, and noticed this line near the master cylinder that is not connected to anything. Can you please help me identify what this is, but more importantly, where it goes and what I need to hook it back up to? Any help is greatly appreciated and this site makes owing my new deuce a much better experience. Lots of knowledge here! Thank you
Welcome to the Outfit!

Glad to hear that you have a "New-To-You" Deuce. Snag some pictures of your new toy and how about you create a "Build Thread" for your truck? It will give you a place to post pictures and tell the rest of us what you are doing. We are picture hounds for sure... It will surprise you what it looks like six months from now!

Don't forget that you can download the Technical Manuals (TM's) for your truck here. Link below. Those crusty old books will put you to sleep if you happen to be in your recliner - but it's worth your time - to get the flow chart trouble-shooting and exploded drawings with part numbers in those books. When you need to know how much oil or anti-freeze or gear oil it takes, there is a Lube Order (LO) manual as well.

Again, welcome to the group!

Last edited:

txjcfsr

Appreciate the feedback, yes, I will post some pictures, asap. Have both of the front axles out right now replacing the seals, wheel cylinders, brake shoes, repacking bearings, etc. I am the member of a few forums, but this one is the most informative and pro-active of any of them. What a great online community! Thanks again.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Appreciate the feedback, yes, I will post some pictures, asap. Have both of the front axles out right now replacing the seals, wheel cylinders, brake shoes, repacking bearings, etc. I am the member of a few forums, but this one is the most informative and pro-active of any of them. What a great online community! Thanks again.
Work In Progress pics are great too.
Looking forward to seeing them!

Darylfraser

I am e recent member to SS as well after a few years of trolling and finally buying my first MV. The folks on here are full of real experience information and are more than willing to share it. Coupled with the TMs available, this site is indispensable. Glad to hear you are going through the systems. It is well worth the time, effort and money to make sure each system is 100% safe and serviceable. You will be happy that you did. When I got my deuce home, I desperately wanted to drive it everywhere. However, I had ZERO brakes and had to go through the entire hydraulic system and air pack which also meant bearing service and new seals. I got to know my “new” truck intimately (as will you) and spent many evenings combing through SS and perusing through the TMs. All time well spent. Enjoy it and take lots of pictures, we want to see them! I got caught up in the moment, focused on my repairs and took very few (regrets!). This winter it will be rust repair and paint in the spring. I will do a build thread this time!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks