• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

question on driver side exhaust header

uglyoldbob

I need to know how far it is from the far edge of the driver side exhaust manifold to the oil pan. I am hoping it gives greater clearance than the header I have on my 6.2L motor right now.

acetomatoco

A yankee like me would need to know what "far edge" means... is that top, bottom, left, right, up, or down or or none of the above..?

uglyoldbob

Eh, sorry for not being specific enough. The exhaust header has a triangle shaped flange at the end of it. I would like the measurement to the point at where the flange sticks out the farthest to the oil pan. Pictures suggest that the flange is close to parallel with the ground, is this correct? A picture (or where to find a picture) or this area would help also.

dilvoy

The exhaust manifold to pipe flange has a triangular bolt pattern which is almost arranged with the one bolt hole almost straight back and the two others located on either side towards the front. The inner most part of the flange, the part closest to the oil pan, is 6 1/2" away from the oil pan. The pan has some shapes stamped into it, but the part that is the widest is the part that is 6 1/2" away from the innermost part of the exhaust pipe flange.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks