• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

question on fuel

CliffW

My brother also wanted to know should he mix any oil or kerosene with every tank of fuel? He said the old owner told him to mix one gallon of oil to every forty-nine gallons of fuel. Should he do this or not.

Thanks cliff

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
With the low sulfer diesel they sell now, I try to. If the truck hasn't been run in a while, put some diesel 911 in the tank too.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If he is worried about lube for the IP, then kerosene will make it worse. It has less lubrication quailities than diesel. There are plenty of additives out there for lubing the IP. Motor oil will work. I burn plenty of it. But at $9.00 a gallon it's not very cost effitive. A quart of lucas fuel treatment for $6.50 will do 100 gallons. I would think a quart of the cheepest transmission fluid would fit the bill. These trucks will run on the driest JP so the IP's are pretty tough. After all that. IMHO i think he would ever have a problem running strait #2 diesel from the pump. Even the ultra low sulpher crap they are selling us now.

dirtyfingernails

Ken, A guy down here I know recommended I add a quart of auto transmission fluid to every tank. Does that help lubricate the injection pump? I thought it was kinda weird. Thanks

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dnails, yes ATF will add some lube to your fuel it will also help clean parts. It has some detergents in it. It will swell seals and help stop leaks also. But i dout one quart per fifty gallons would help in the stop leak dept.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The ATF stuff is very old school. It worked on the old stuff, should work fine on the multi. The MF pumps are tough! Mine sat 10+ years with gov't diesel, fired right up and ran fine for 50 miles before getting a fresh shot of LSD. Still runs strong using diesel/gas.