• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question on M101A1 Budd wheels

huskyrunnr

I was testing a dual wheel setup on the M101A1 trailer. In my hands, the wheels, mounted with superlugs, do not have enough offset to gang together. However, the lug holes of the Budd wheels are chamfered on both sides as if they were made to be able to flip around. My question is why are they chamfered on both sides but not enough offset to gang together? Maybe that chamfering is irrelevant, I don't have a dually thimble to see how it all comes together. Are there other tires that would allow a dual configuration with these wheels? Thx from a long time lurker who has learned a lot from this forum.

I did find one post that points to Texas power wagon site and asserts that the dually wheels have a larger offset and superlugs won’t safely mount. Can anyone confirm this?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks