• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Questions about the M1084-A1

hitek79

Hey everyone, new guy here checking things out. I just purchased land in NW Montana that is very heavily forested, and a ways out of town. I've come across the 1084-A1 version of these trucks and the crane looks really interesting to me. I have probably a thousand downed trees around this property. I'm looking for a way to winch them out and move them to a central location to process for fire wood, and then to move some of the larger newly cut trees to a mill to process for furniture. Has anyone used the A1 version to do some heavy lifting? If so, does it work well? Another question I have is the bed sides on these, are they pretty robust? Or would I need to weld up something more substantial. Thanks for any input!

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The A1 just refers to it being the second revision. A0 or nothing is the first revision, A1P2, the third. m1084 is the crane specific version of the M1083 6x6. Some have aluminum sides, some fiberglass.

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The MHE is 2,500 lbs fully extended, and 5,000 lbs at half extension. Should handle logs without much issue. The bed is 14' so logs would need to be that short. The bed sides are aluminum at best so would not be up to this job.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks