• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Questions about the thermostat test holes in the radiator - M1009 / Chevrolet Blazer K5 6,2 Diesel

Elektroman99

Dear Steel Soldier Community,

I have a question about the cooler. The thermostat tester is attached to the radiator on the right-hand side, seen from the driver's point of view. I think there are still 2 blind openings here. I call blind openings openings in the radiator that are closed by a screw, do not provide a thermostat sensor on the M1009 K5 6.2 L diesel engine. - Unfortunately I don't have a good photo of the direct side view -.

large.89090e28-46d2-4d43-a674-ce9f1c67d40c.jpg.39871988268f6ff7ef4ede7ff14ac38a.jpg Unbenannt456789.JPG

Does anyone know the thread size of one of the blind holes or where in the TM I can find out the thread size?

Best regards
Elektroman99

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Dear Steel Soldier Community,

I have a question about the cooler. The thermostat tester is attached to the radiator on the right-hand side, seen from the driver's point of view. I think there are still 2 blind openings here. I call blind openings openings in the radiator that are closed by a screw, do not provide a thermostat sensor on the M1009 K5 6.2 L diesel engine. - Unfortunately I don't have a good photo of the direct side view -.

View attachment 903340 View attachment 903341

Does anyone know the thread size of one of the blind holes or where in the TM I can find out the thread size?

Best regards
Elektroman99
I believe the two openings on the back of the radiator tank is 5/16th Inverted Flair.

In other words, brake line fitting...
Fairly easy to screw in and test too.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
@Mullaney - Are you sure? Is there a TM somewhere about the M1009 thermostat where the thread type and size is named?

Does anyone else have documentation on the thermostat sensor or the thread in the radiator?
Maybe I jumped into the discussion in the wrong place.

Are we talking about the spot on the passenger side of the radiator where the probe sensor is? About a third of the way down the "engine side" of the radiator maybe? PAOZZ 11862 358375 PROBE ASSEMBLY,TRAN is called out in TM9 2320-289-20P on Page 64 and TM9 2320-289-34p on Page 81. Part numbers are there, but I don't see thread size any where in those documents.

Sorry I couldn't be more useful.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks