• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Questions and Help on WC 22 T215

Jeeagle

Restoring a WC 22 T215 at my new job. Have few questions if anyone may know.

The Original Bell housing (or at least one removed from truck) has one hole for the Transmission Bolts missing. Never machined out or thread just flat area. Looking to the front it is the bottom left side. Of the Four Transmissions we have (Two Civilian and Two Military castings) none of them have a different bolt pattern. Is this an issue?

I need to rebuild or find a replacement PTO for the truck. After weeks of soaking in PB blaster and heat I was able to split the thing apart to find the gears highly pitted.

Also looking for any information on how the PTO lever was held in place. This truck and the others were completely disassembled with much documentation so I am putting a puzzle back together without really good reference. I've googled my eyeballs out but the photos I need are the ones that don't seem to exsist.

Here are few photos!

What I started with

PTO taken off truck. Packed with "Rust Dust"

Current Status (had to remove bellhousing to repaint correct color)

Jeeagle

Figured out the Bell housing Transmission deal. Still looking for PTO info. Although I am assuming with no reply, either no one cares or no one knows.

gerrykan

Register over at G503.com, and post your questions in the 1/2 to 2 Ton forum(link below), lots of WWII Dodge experts there.

I'm at work, and can't view your photos, but I might not be too concerned with the pitted PTO gears, if you can't find a better PTO.
Winch PTOs on restored trucks usually do not spend much time running under a load.

http://g503.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=25

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks