• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

questions concerning the M series trucks

bennettfe

as I am very new to your boards and living in Alaska we don't get all the current news about the disposition of certain vehicle types.
as I just started looking for the 6x6 type of vehicles to either leave as stock with little to no modification or to mod it for use in the back country of Alaska for hunting I found some news from 2014 that concerned me
specifically the EPA pulling the M series of trucks out of auctions.
I have been able to find a very few for sale mostly privately own personal trucks.
my question is what was the end result of the EPA action and have they resumed releasing these type of vehicles back to the civilian market ?.

I decided on a duce and a half with the multi fuel engine mostly for the economy and size the 5 ton is much to large to transport to a hunting area and gets to little economy to be truly useful as a hunting rig.

any thoughts on the above would be welcome
as well as any information on the EPA situation.
thanks.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ben,
Welcome from Kentucky. Yes, the EPA thing was lifted and sales resumed. However, the M35s are all but gone at the auction level. Plenty in private hands, relatively inexpensive for a 6X6 truck. As for auctions, lots of M939 series truck and LMTVs are available. If you can't find a M35 and newer LMTV (2.5 ton, 4x4) might fulfill your requirements. Do some searches and look at Iron Planet's GovPlant web site.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are ahead of the game, you have a wife approved budget. Most of us had to "surprise" our wives with, "look what I got, cheap!"
-and she'll have to understand that when dealing with government equipment and surplus, things may go over budget.
Good luck and keep us updated.

snowtrac nome

I live out here in nome ,in the guard i drove both the a-2 duce and a-3 duce, I now own an a-0 lmtv and drive it daily. I think you will be much better served with the lmtv 4x4 platform I have all ready driven mine places a duce could only dream of plus the cab seals up nicely and you don't have to run a thirsty 10530 fuel burning heater to stay warm. if you have to have a duce I know where there a few a-3 models in California. as I was looking at them before buying the lmtv.