• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Questions on LED's

rronning84

I just put a set of LED tail lights on my Deuce and they come on with the lights just fine but I have no turn signals or hazards. The front non LED's still work fine. What am I not doing right

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You may need a different flasher unit as the LEDs don't draw enough current.

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I ran LED taillights on my deuce without changing anything and it worked just fine. Did the old taillights work correctly? Do you have a good ground through the additional wire that the LED lights have?

HanksDeuce

My LED lights (front/rear) had colored number tags that fell off with minor handling of the lights. I had to open all of the housings in order to properly label each wire. The plastic housing has the corresponding number cast in the inside below each wire where it terminates into the light. Make sure you have the correct wires from the LED light to the truck. And make sure you have a good ground (no paint).

I did not need to change out my flasher.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
My LED lights (front/rear) had colored number tags that fell off with minor handling of the lights. I had to open all of the housings in order to properly label each wire. The plastic housing has the corresponding number cast in the inside below each wire where it terminates into the light. Make sure you have the correct wires from the LED light to the truck. And make sure you have a good ground (no paint).

Any chance you could post taking them apart? I have 2 that need work and have not figured out how I want to attack it yet.

HanksDeuce

Any chance you could post taking them apart? I have 2 that need work and have not figured out how I want to attack it yet.
Take the 6 screws out and split the housing into its 2 pieces (light housing and bucket housing). The light housing is all sealed up, but the spot where the wiring comes out is where you find the numbers. The bucket housing only has a single grommet for the wires to poke through and a couple holes with threaded inserts on the back for bolts to attach it to the deuce.

rronning84

I ran LED taillights on my deuce without changing anything and it worked just fine. Did the old taillights work correctly? Do you have a good ground through the additional wire that the LED lights have?
The old lights work just fine. I think I have a good ground but I will go back through and check. Thanks
Thanks you very much for the help with the thread. These look very helpful.

I will check my wire numbers again.
Do not tell Gimp to split that, it is not 1/2 steel, the man has the finesse of a cow with mad cow disease.
Thats pretty funny.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Thanks you very much for the help with the thread. These look very helpful.

No problem. I suspect that within one of those threads, you'll find your problem (and answer).

rronning84

I did find the issue after testing some theories. In the end in turns out that there is something wrong with the tail light. The one on the other side works fine and works when swapped out with this one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks