• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Quick fix paint freshen up?

HeadWizard

I seem to remember someone saying that there's some product that you can wipe down your Deuce with that would "freshen up" the look of the paint?

Got the Independence day parade coming up and need to do 2 trucks.

Tried search, but couldn't find anything.

All help and crazy comments appreciated.

saddamsnightmare

June 29th, 2008.

Light Oil (kerosine) or even diesel fuel, on a rag will clean up the paint.... but make sure that the trucks really clean, or you'll have dirt untill the oil washes off. We used to use valve oil on the steam locomotives to polish the boiler and cylinder jackets, cab and tenders on the passenger engines to make them look good....

It ought to work on CARC, and remember, CARC means "Chemical Agent Resistant Coating" so the silicone ought not to stick any better then the oils.....

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan

1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W "Saddam's Nightmare" Desert Storm and Vietnam Veteran Deuce
1968 Johnson Corp M105A2 Trailer
1967 MEP023A Hercules engined gas Gen-Set APU
1963 Swiss Army Cargo Unimog S.404.114 rofl

bonshawman

Well...technically it would smell like an entire baby, not just the butt...but it would be a confusing combination of diesel smell, baby oil, perhaps a whiff of canvas....sort of like a maternity tent with a diesel generator ?

If it had problems starting, or stalled, you'd find yourself spanking the truck instead of kicking it ??

We've all had to "nurse" a truck to a roadside or back home, but.......whatever you do, if you baby-oil it up don't then powder it !

I had a friend that used to spray a combo of diesel fuel and old motor oil under his trucks as a coating. Try a test section with a little of the WD40 in an out-of-the-way spot and see what you think. I used it on one of mine once and it freshened it up pretty well.

HeadWizard

Maybe it would be better to drive it through a mud hole and then put it in the parade?

Wait, I'll cover it with baby oil first so the mud will come off easier!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks