• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Quote Function

donalloy1

Gents, have been trying to use the quote function with zero success. I am sure the answer to my IT needs are here and I cannot find? How do I properly capture quotes and bring down into my next response to fellow SSer's that have answered me?

Please help with step by step. This Jarhead may need a comic book to get me where I have a good understanding that I can apply?

Derrickl112

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gents, have been trying to use the quote function with zero success. I am sure the answer to my IT needs are here and I cannot find? How do I properly capture quotes and bring down into my next response to fellow SSer's that have answered me?

Please help with step by step. This Jarhead may need a comic book to get me where I have a good understanding that I can apply?

Step 1- Click "quote"
Step 2- Wait for the page to load
Step 3- Type your message
Step 4- Click "submit reply"

Truckoholic

And something else cool........ If you want to quote something from another website, or something from the TM's or any other text, when you are in the page typing your message on the forum, if you look up at all the little tools above the text window, you will see a little text quote bubble thing on the lower row of tools or functions that looks like the text bubble from a comic speaking of comics. ha ha

If you click on that, it will insert into your message the following "[ QUOTE ] [/QUOTE ]" Only without the spaces, and if you select and copy text from any source anywhere online or on your computer, and then paste it between the two quote codes [ QUOTE] like this [/QUOTE ] then when you make your post, it will put that text in the same nice quote box as well

Like this!

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How do you do multiple quotes on a reply message..? I always wanted to know that answer...?

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Step 1- Click "quote"
Step 2- Wait for the page to load
Step 3- Type your message
Step 4- Click "submit reply"
Hope this works? Test Test Test...
Looks like it did.
Thank you very much Derrickl112. No need for Jarhead Comic Book.aua
Thats what the "MQ" button is for. Click it on each post you want to quote and hit quote for the last one.

OK lets see if this works.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks