• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Radiator Hose Interchange

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was lacking a lower radiator hose for the wrecker so I decided to investigate some of the numbers I've heard. Checked out Mark Blairs interchange page and he listed the lower hose as a Dayco 70689. Devilman96 listed the Gates 20611. The Dayco 70689 crossed to the Gates 20557. the Gates 20611 crossed to Dayco70739. Obviously different hoses. I then crossed both to Goodyear numbers as thats what belts and hoses I prefer. Wouldn't you know both numbers crossed to the same Goodyear number of 60829. The 60829 fits but needs to be trimmed on both sides. Basically it's just a 90 degree bend in the hose. Ironically there is enough trimmings from the hose to replace the top little straight hose. Worked out well and was only $17.

MATT

If interested I can get a Napa number that requires only about 3-4 inches of timming on one side. The lower hoses are fun!!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Funny, I found the hose easy to install. Actually installed it 3 or 4 times to get the lengths correct. Don't be afraid to disfigure the hose a bit on installation, it will spring right back.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks