• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rapco paint with matte clear?

Gunnermac

Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We are about to do the same thing. If Gillespie is left in the sun it will chalk after about four years. We are going to use clear

Bravojmc

Yes it will! I just don't want to do all the work of a paint job and have it chalky after a few years... Im thinking matte clear so it keeps the flat look. Guess I'm not a purist.

Last edited:

DSM

I too am looking for a matte clear coat to protect the camo job we just completed on a 92 dodge 1 ton. It currently looks like a M880 dually. Sure makes for merging on the freeway easier. We used Rustolleum rattle can camo and Behr 4300 in the bed. Rolled on the Behr and am very pleased with the results. I'll post pics in an new thread.

The local auto paint supplier tells me there is a flattening agent that can be added to cc. It's not cheap and I wonder how compatible it is with the base coats that are on the truck now.

First post here. I joined to view the many excellent looking vehicles on the site.

Dan

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks