• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rate this front bumper modification...

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wonder why they didn't line up exactly?
The opening is offset. It's not centered. I learned that the hard way when installing lights into the bumper.

So, when it's flipped upside down, the offsets are on the opposite side.

If you've never paid attention to the front bumper, you might have missed it.

F6747G.jpg

Superthermal

The opening is offset. It's not centered. I learned that the hard way when installing lights into the bumper.

So, when it's flipped upside down, the offsets are on the opposite side.

If you've never paid attention to the front bumper, you might have missed it.

View attachment 916673
Good to know! I am considering flipping mine and mounting my winch about 8" higher up on the frame to keep the lateral guide rollers up out of harms way. I will pay a bit more attention now that I know this is the case. Thanks for the knowledge that only comes from those... "Oh... that's not what I was expecting" moments.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not good if you do much off road, the approach angle on the winch trucks is already terrible. Although if you’re dragging the front bumper a lot, you need to start watching your fuel tanks so you don’t rip it off.

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not good if you do much off road, the approach angle on the winch trucks is already terrible. Although if you’re dragging the front bumper a lot, you need to start watching your fuel tanks so you don’t rip it off.
I have a winch-less truck. Was tempted to do the above mod but I also thought it might be a bit too low.

Reactions: 98G

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A couple of folks on here have done that over the years.
I remember one bobbed deuce with a utility bed that looked particularly cool, though I don't recall the notches being off-center.

Edit - Found some pictures. I don't recall whose truck it is/was. He doubled up the frame in the back for the trailer hitch too.

Cheers

M35 4x4 Utility a.jpg M35 4x4 Utility b.jpg

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I suspect after seeing them driving the streets of Baghdad the bumper was added to clean the street of vehicles. Because of the truck's high original bumper you run the risk of driving up onto something and getting slowed down or hung up. A poor soldiers snowplow for shoving cars out of the way.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep, especially on a gun truck where you likely have to quickly push one of your own. Would also want some good reinforcement to keep it from just folding under.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks