• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Re: Outdoor M-59 stoves from Jax DLA

FloridaAKM

Nobody got one? I was going to compare notes, but I guess I can go back to reading the TM that came with the unit. The unit I recovered didn't have the accessory pack with it, but it was not even mentioned in the auction, just the TM...

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The accessory tool kit mainly was for the old M2 gasoline burners. If you check the (M-59) TM carefully, 80 percent of the text and pictures relate to the M2 Burner. If you got the two pots, the deep square pan with lid, which generally has two baking sheets, the knives and utensils in it, then you got it all. The Auxiliary Baking units were always a different issue than the M-59's. The pots with lids and steam covers are probably worth $100 each, the deep square pan is still being sold to the restaurant industry for about $300 with the lid, the utensils can be bought commercially for less than $55, and the knife set for less than $75. The baking sheets are an odd size, about 2/3 GN sheet pans, while standard GN pans are made in full, half and quarter (also called cake pans). Thus if you are trying to use M-59's to bake in, they are gold, or might as well be. HTH.