• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Realistic selling price of m1078

Ddmk18

Looking at buying an m1078 only catch is it’s a package deal got to buy both. One truck is pretty clean and the other not bad but bent bumper and some surface rust on cab. Both supposed to run 100% not sure on ctis though. Looking for what a quick sale price might be on the rougher of the two would be in good running order with title.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Or look in the classifieds. Your question is kind of like “how long is a piece of string?” Too many variables to give a generic answer. What condition do you want? First gen? A1? Etc, etc.

Last edited:

Ddmk18

They are both first gen trucks m1078 both have driveline upgrades. He wants 14k for both of them but I didn’t have my phone with me to take pictures. I just want one but have to buy both. I had a wanted add for lmtv and didn’t hear anything but found these trucks local to me.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Well this all depends on who you are trying to sell it too, some will pay a extra high price, then there are others like me who will charge you to take it off your hands.

coachgeo

They are both first gen trucks m1078 both have driveline upgrades. He wants 14k for both of them but I didn’t have my phone with me to take pictures. I just want one but have to buy both. I had a wanted add for lmtv and didn’t hear anything but found these trucks local to me.
IMHO that is a good price. Keep other for parts, sell as is, or slowly sell parts off of it. Selling parts will make most of your money back. Selling as is will keep cost of one you keep way down. A win win either way. That is if up front cash outlay fits your budget.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well this all depends on who you are trying to sell it too, some will pay a extra high price, then there are others like me who will charge you to take it off your hands.
You would make them throw in a CUCV to sweeten the deal for you to take it.

Ddmk18

Ok thanks for the info!! I am new in the lmtv world so just wasn’t sure. I have cash to lay out and having a spare parts truck also doesn’t sound bad either. He is in no hurry to sell as he doesn’t even have them listed as for sale but said he would because he never uses them. I told him I would let him know after Sussex gonna look at a few trucks out there before pulling the trigger.

scottmandu

That's not a bad price for two trucks.. If you can part out the big ticket items (engine, trans, axles) those parts should fetch at least what you paid, and then some so getting your money back as a last resort shouldn't be a problem.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
You would make them throw in a CUCV to sweeten the deal for you to take it.
Why, that would make THREE POS that I would need to get rid of, the FMTVs are a oversize cucv, driving is doing what is needed, NOT OWNING is also doing what is needed.

Thanks Porky ;)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks