• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear axle cork piece question

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All,

I plan on redoing my bearings/seals/brakes on the rear axles this weekend. Is it a good idea to use some RTV on the cork piece to keep it in place and help keep the leaks under control?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Joel and I used silicone only on his.

I am doing all new brakes on mine in the fall and when I pull it apart, I am going to reassemble it with cork and RTV. Use the Perma-Seal UltraBlack.

acetomatoco

Wild Turkey Bourbon for the cork and you can use some non hardening silicone for the immobilizer and leak minimizer...

Manstein

Chaplain Emeritus
I have made the cork wedge from a cork valve cover gasket I had left over. I have also just used silicone without any problems. When I originally pulled mine apart it had the cork wedges.

acetomatoco

the cork is from the Wild Turkey Bottle... and after the bottle is MT you give the cork to John Tennis and he cuts wedges out of it...that is my experience... I only get to MT the bottle...