• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

rear axle outer hub seal

having a problem with my outer rear hub seal on our m812, when i torque the bearing nut down to 200 ft lbs the metal tab that goes into the slot on the spindle keeps breaking off allowing the seal to turn with the nut before it gets to the 200 ft lbs. just to be sure im doing it right i torque the bearing nut to 200 ft lbs while turning the hub, then back it off 1 full turn , retorque to 50ft lbs< then back 1/4 turn and install lockwasher and torque outer nut to 350 ft lbs any thoughts?

Valley Rock

Big wheeler cat peeler
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Make sure everything is greasy, especially the front side of that washer and the back side of that nut, that greatly reduces the friction of the tightening nut trying to take the washer along with it , make sure no burrs on the backside of nut, you want it to slide smoothly along w/o grabbing anything .

Reactions: 812

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea same thing was happening with some on the Deuces. Believe we agreed no need to go to 150 / 200. My .02 if you replaced race leave out the outer seal then go to 150 / 200. Then back off nut and replace with outer seal go to 50 and 1/4- 1/8 back off. That 200 would for sure make sure the race was seated. If just a grease service 50 fp.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks