• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

rear driveshaft ujoints

jag7720

Anyone know the exact way to get the factory ujoints out of the REAR driveshaft?

The new joints come with c-clips but I don't see any on the factory ujoints.

I am replacing my slip yoke and I do see small plastic nubs on the outside of where the ujoint sits...

...maybe a factory thing to hold them in???

Trying to get this done today so any quick help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Croatan_Kid

Coincidently, I changed 3 of the 5 total u-joints on my M1008 last night. Luckily for me though, they were held in with clips. They were all original Spicer units as well....they didn't have any slack, but that's because they could hardly move! They were bound up pretty tight, I also tried to fix a fuel leak, but that's another story all together.

Anyway, what they said....you gotta heat up the plastic around them to make it squirt out.

chevycrew

be careful when you heat it up to melt out the nylon, if it is still hot it is possible to bend the ears. I would wait till it is fully cooled before pressing out the old joint. If the ears get bent together, it will make it very hard to get the clips back on the new joint.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks