• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear fender mount ac condenser???

Mjvaden

Can any one tell me if this ac condenser that mounts inside the rear right fender will work with a reddot ac kit? If so is it plug and play or to modifications have to be made to make it work?

Attachments

DatGuyC

Interested also. That looks like a passenger side one, I know they also made drivers side versions. I think I've seen trucks with condensers on both rear fenders also.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have done factory air and red dots...and have been asked to do this same conversion, I declined, due in part that the customer would be paying for me to learn. Attached to that condensor is the dryer, a harness runs to the Evap unit in the passenger compartment where the old heater core and blower is now. It could be done...I guess, you would need to fabricate up your lines of course to feed the unit. The right fender is where the condensor goes for a 2 man truck, for a 4 man it gets one in each fender well, the left fender well is for the rear compartment...but wouldn't make a diff for a red dot setup....I would go with the left side.
you will need to cut the fender for the intake and screen...and you will need the special bracket for mounting it, it's not included with those units.

Last edited: