• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear Seat belt install

fpchief

The TM's and the MWO do not have pics that help my simple little mind. Can someone please send me some real decent pics of the install? Particularly the wheelhouse reinforcement and the retractor mount but pics of the other mounting locations also...just rear is needed. I appreciate it.

text is great too!! 5047228079

riderdan

IMG_3974.jpg

This is the driver's side reinforcement. Left is towards the bed, right is the wheel well (obviously). I was fortunate in that although my truck didn't have rear belts installed, the reinforcements were already there.

Somewhere (I'll keep looking) there's a paper template for how these are laid out, but at the moment I can't seem to find it.

fpchief

View attachment 693453

This is the driver's side reinforcement. Left is towards the bed, right is the wheel well (obviously). I was fortunate in that although my truck didn't have rear belts installed, the reinforcements were already there.

Somewhere (I'll keep looking) there's a paper template for how these are laid out, but at the moment I can't seem to find it.
Just found mine are already there also. Seem too far back.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

daniel.7575

[h=2]
[/h]
Ok so today I installed the seatbelt kit.. Was actually fairly straight forward.. The MWO downloadable on here was a huge help... Impossible to do without this if you've not done it before...
Was quite tricky without the drill patterns so thought I'd just share a couple of tips which may help someone else...

when drilling the holes through the trans tunnel to install the front seatbelt sockets each side (see figure 21 in MWO) I found if you drill through the 3rd pop rivet down from the top you will find in this area on both sides the support plate that has to be fitted behind will be in just the right place.. You can then drill a couple of holes through the tunnel into the bracket and fit some rivets to secure...

When installing the cast belt mounts that locate on top of the rear fenders drill out the two holes in the top just behind the seat as per instruction and fit one bolt through here... The back of the bracket should then be exactly 3" away from the edge of the truck.. Drill all holes and then it's easy to install the strengthener supports under the rear arches by bolting them in first...

This is will make more sense when you come to do it... !!

a couple of pics included for reference​
Attached Thumbnails

fpchief

Ok so today I installed the seatbelt kit.. Was actually fairly straight forward.. The MWO downloadable on here was a huge help... Impossible to do without this if you've not done it before...
Was quite tricky without the drill patterns so thought I'd just share a couple of tips which may help someone else...

when drilling the holes through the trans tunnel to install the front seatbelt sockets each side (see figure 21 in MWO) I found if you drill through the 3rd pop rivet down from the top you will find in this area on both sides the support plate that has to be fitted behind will be in just the right place.. You can then drill a couple of holes through the tunnel into the bracket and fit some rivets to secure...

When installing the cast belt mounts that locate on top of the rear fenders drill out the two holes in the top just behind the seat as per instruction and fit one bolt through here... The back of the bracket should then be exactly 3" away from the edge of the truck.. Drill all holes and then it's easy to install the strengthener supports under the rear arches by bolting them in first...

This is will make more sense when you come to do it... !!

a couple of pics included for reference​
Attached Thumbnails
I will be doing this I a few days. I just got finished with the paint job and now it is time. Your post will be really helpful.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks