• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear shoulder belt install

Dayron84

I purchased a NOS rear shoulder belt kit for the humvee ( a little added safety for the kids) I know I have to cut the rear curtain for the bump outs but I’m not clear exactly where to cut. If anyone else has done this I sure would appreciate some advice so I don’t screw it up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
4 man rear curtains usually have the extra piece pocket already on them, best to find one with it as the kit will have snaps for it and to keep you better weather proofed

Dayron84

4 man rear curtains usually have the extra piece pocket already on them, best to find one with it as the kit will have snaps for it and to keep you better weather proofed
My curtain has the pocket. I just need need to know where to cut

SchmidtLegal

My curtain has the pocket. I just need need to know where to cut

On the back of the pocket is a horizontal retaining strap of plastic, cut those off to expand the pocket. On the inside of the curtain, cut slits on either side of the inside of the pocket to allow for the seat belt harness to slide freely. Its counter intuitive, but its what has to be done. once you make those cuts, it should slide over the aluminum seat belt bracket and attach in the back with the thumb twist.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
those go under the fender to reinforce the bracket that holds the reel. Instructions are located in the tm's under the mwo ( maintenance work order updates)

I don't recall the number but they all should be listed with links to the individual ones.

Dayron84

those go under the fender to reinforce the bracket that holds the reel. Instructions are located in the tm's under the mwo ( maintenance work order updates)

I don't recall the number but they all should be listed with links to the individual ones.
Makes sense now. Thanks!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks