• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

rebuilding Blackmore's old worktruck

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cool project. Wish you were on the east coast, that's a nice cab you have for sale.

nattieleather

I just read your thread over on the other site. Good build. The bed with the tool boxes looks like it might have been the bed from a WWII truck. Either the USMC Internationals or the Ford GTB also know as the Burma Jeep. I hope you rebuild your great grandpas bed. Also even though NDT tires would look retro cool on the truck let me tell you that in my 30 years in this hobby those tires suck when it comes to rain, snow and other weather conditions. Stick with the HMMWV tires. Keep us posted here on your build.

jesusgatos

Cool project. Wish you were on the east coast, that's a nice cab you have for sale.
Thanks, and yeah, the cab is in fantastic condition. Have been meaning to post it in the classifieds.
I just read your thread over on the other site. Good build. The bed with the tool boxes looks like it might have been the bed from a WWII truck. Either the USMC Internationals or the Ford GTB also know as the Burma Jeep. I hope you rebuild your great grandpas bed. Also even though NDT tires would look retro cool on the truck let me tell you that in my 30 years in this hobby those tires suck when it comes to rain, snow and other weather conditions. Stick with the HMMWV tires. Keep us posted here on your build.
Definitely rebuilding the bed. Blackmore built the toolboxes, and would LOVE to know what vehicle those bedsides are from. Looked up some pictures of both of those vehicles and they don't match what I've got here. The bedsides angle out towards the top, and they've got vertical stakeside pockets built into them. Think Blackmore might have added or modified the wheelwells. Appreciate your advice on the tires. Was not impressed with the NDT's on my deuce either. They'd just look really cool...

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Neat thread, I went over to PBB and checked it out. Man, that place has gone down since the change.

Great idea with the towbars for the "crane".

jesusgatos

Thanks. Gone down how? Pirate's always been kinda... yeah. But that's true of all the forums, isn't it? Gotta sift through a lot of bull**** in order to get to the good stuff, and if you're looking for solid tech, it's there.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks. Gone down how? Pirate's always been kinda... yeah. But that's true of all the forums, isn't it? Gotta sift through a lot of bull**** in order to get to the good stuff, and if you're looking for solid tech, it's there.
The "let's cram advertisements even on top of pictures people insert in their posts" is a bit much. But that's the typical result of vertical scope/autoguide buying out a forum.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks