• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rebuilding HMMWV Generators

hawk-aggie

I'm currently replacing the front end on one generator (broken attachment ear) and rebuilding another (attachment ears broken on both ends and replacing the rotor, as well as bearings, seals, etc.). On the one I'm rebuilding, I have it assembled, but the rotor is too far back and the aft vanes are dragging. I realize the rotor needs to come forward, but I can't figure out what might be keeping it from doing so. I am using an exploded view form the parts TM as a guide. Any tips would be welcome. Thanks.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you installed the pulley to make sure the rotor is fully seated in the front housing?

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also if this is the one you are replacing the rotor, you may want to carefully measure the old against the new to make sure they are the same.
Otherwise if you were careful to use all the same spacers etc. you should be OK

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks