• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

receiver options

Chuckanut

Hey guys, i’m trying to find a receiver for my m1028 and I don’t wanna drill new holes and I don’t wanna cut anything apart to make it fit I also have a spare tire under the bed and I’m worried about the shackle mounts getting in the way what are my options? Every form I’ve read people say they have to remove their spare tire. Thanks guys

CenterMass762

I can't see a good way to mount a strong enough receiver without removing the spare tire. I'm in for answers, though, because I've been brainstorming about mounting a receiver to my truck, too.

adf5565

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It’s going to be hard to find something you don’t have to drill holes for. If you only plan on light towing you could add a bolt on receiver under the bumper.

Any standard receiver will involve cutting the lower part of the bumper mounting bracket and probably drilling new holes, as well as probably requiring some changes to the spare tire holder. My m1008 didn’t have a spare tire holder when I got it but I had to cut and remove the bumper bracket on the underside of the frame. I originally installed Curt 14082 which bolts to the rear of the spring hanger support. But I’m switching to a BW class 5 (BWH-HDRH25122) which spreads the weight out more and bolts on either side of the spring hanger support.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks