• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Recoilless rifle

nickd

That is a misleading answer since the mule requires a special under bed mount for the recoil less rifle. Also, there is another rare part that mounts the t&e to the under bed mount. The recommended site does not reference these items or the special mounts that bolt to the bed of the mule to carry the accessories( cleaning rod sections, tripod, rounds and the ever illusive under bed mounted tool box). The afformentioned items will add substantial value to the mule. the last tripod I saw for sale was 2k. All of the accessories for the mule and the recoiless rifle could easily reach 12k. Plus the cost of the mule at between 5-7 k you could be in the 17-19k range

While I myself would love nothing more that having a 106 mounted on my mule, my logical side tells me what am I going to do with it. It weighs over 500 lbs, and is longer than the mule, and just about kills any other use for the mule other than running it in parades.

Having said that, I see two options. If you can buy the mule at a good price, you can EASILY sell the 106 and it's mule mounting for double of what the mule is worth, or you can remove it and save it for the parade option on occasions, that way you can enjoy your mule for other uses, or to intimidate the neighbors who throw those loud parties next door. :)

Please keep us informed about what happens on this deal as most of us here have never seen this kind of garage find.

Jeeptj1

Mule aand 106

the deal didnt happen. Apparantly the owner thinks the mule with the 106 is worth its weight in gold.,needed alot of work and now that i have thought it over, i tend to agree with the actual idea of what the **** would i do with it. I will pursue just finding a mule that i can have fun with. Thanks for all the replies and suggestions.

Jeeptj1

Ok now once again, im not a mule knowlegdable guy but the owner said he has seen
mules in this condition with the 106 go for around $28,000.00 I know its just me
but I just said good luck with that and walked away.

Sorry the deal didn't work out. I would feel bad if the seller had no clue of the value of what he had, but your guy is asking at least $10 grand too much for his mule with the 106. Better to walk away and not get frustrated by trying to work out a fair deal with that guy.

Some of the items I would be looking for is of course condition, how complete the mule is, (John Emery of Emery Mule Supply likes to joke that he has over $3,000 in a mule that he bought for $35.00). It is easy to sink thousands in a basket case mule that needs EVERYTHING, and everything that is there either needs to be replaced or rebuilt. You would probably be better off $ wise with a more expensive mule in better condition.

One thing I would caution you about is getting a mule with a wide tire and extended fender modification done by the government on some of the later mules. If you buy one of these mules it will have the turning radius of a bus, and the wide tires are known to wear out steering components much faster than a standard mule.

Good luck in your hunt and if you are unsure on a purchase, you can show pictures here or on G503 mule page and ask other experts for their opinion.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks