• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

recomendations for new owner of M792

Przemyslaw

Dear Friends!

Since last week I am a new, happy owner of M792 Gama Goat. The vehicle spent 15 years in museum, and was restored before came to be exhibit. Now, after 15 years I am starting the process of restoring it. I ma kindly asking you to give me some recommendation regarding following issues:

1. The best source of purchasing the spare parts - as the vehicle is in Poland, worldwide shipping is required.
2. If somebody have a full list of spares which normally need to be ordered to have the vehicle working.
3. Any hints or recommendations of what should I know before first driving, and list of the most problematic spare parts which can broke during normal using.
4. Any another information the Gama user should know!:)

Thank you in advance!
BR
Przemyslaw

wsucougarx

First off, congrats on your Gama Goat acquisition!! Very good questions. Parts are a bit of a challenge to find. However, if you go to the Gama Goat forum, there is a sticky at the top giving part numbers for common parts. There are about a half dozen Steelsoldier Gama Goat projects currently underway. Just be prepared for some frustration as you work your way through the Goat. You will find yourself contorting to varying positions in order to tackle the simplest of maintenance issues. I love the challenge of the Goat and welcome the learning experience.

Przemyslaw

First off, congrats on your Gama Goat acquisition!! Very good questions. Parts are a bit of a challenge to find. However, if you go to the Gama Goat forum, there is a sticky at the top giving part numbers for common parts. There are about a half dozen Steelsoldier Gama Goat projects currently underway. Just be prepared for some frustration as you work your way through the Goat. You will find yourself contorting to varying positions in order to tackle the simplest of maintenance issues. I love the challenge of the Goat and welcome the learning experience.
Thank you! Will follow your recommendations! Soon will post some photos of restoration process.:)

mutt_r

Is it the M792 I've seen on Milweb, located in The Netherlands? Nice picture, nice Goat. If yes, what do you have to repair or restore? Pictures would be nice.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks