• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

recovery gone good; can you tell me the trucks history?

kx250m1

I was able to drive it home 220 miles with almost no problems, the only problem was just a mental issue of getting over seeing 0 on the oil pressure gauge, it went dead about halfway home after jumping around a bit, I put a new gauge in today and pressure is 30 at idle and 45-50 while driving, "what a relief". 1 question I have is do these normally smoke a lot while driving, my friend in the chase vehicle said there was a lot of smoke the whole way, however it didn't use any oil, or antifreeze, I'm going to put a new air filter in and see if that helps, if not, oh well, as it seems to run fine, also I was hoping someone would possibly be able to help me find the history of this truck, I was able to remove the spray paint on the front bumper to get the #'s, see pics, I hope the next recovery goes this well. by the way I used to think my f-350 was a big truck, it now looks and feels like a ford ranger to me.

Attachments

Pinkie

I have seen some turbos smoke as much as my non turbo, my non turbo looks like the pistons are going to come out through the exhaust pipe!

Getting back to the original questions. It all depends on what the color of the smoke was. You already said it did not burn any oil, if it was oil the smoke would be blue. White smoke is water/antifreeze. Black smoke is unburnt diesel. If you are trying to compare the deuce with a modern diesel, it terms of smoke, then yes the m35a2s do smoke alot. If you could get a video, that would help answer your question.

Westech

CPL
Ask everyone who drove the east cost convoy with me a yea back and ask them how much my Deuce smokes...... It smokes WAY more then any non turbo, I have her wicked way up! Its all in the fuel settings.

beaubeau

Another factor in this case is hpw old is the fuel in this truck and how long has it been sitting? The fuel could be as old as 3 or 4 years old. Run a couple tanks of good fuel through it and some diesel conditioner and trans fluid will help clear things up. Good luck, nice find! Phil

saddamsnightmare

May 18th, 2008.

dear KX250M1:

If you're not using antifreeze or burning oil, and the view outta the rearview mirror looks like Mexico City on a smog day...... YOU might be driving a deuce!!! I've gotta love the normally aspirated LD465, it just ruins the day for the greenies, pisses off the convertible drivers, and behaves just like the non-turbo truck it is.... It roars, belches smoke, accellerates 0-50 in about 3/4 of a mile and several minutes, and that's only lightly loaded!! She does seem to clear out pretty well at 1750 to 2000 RPM, then starts sooting it up again the closer you get to 2450 RPMs/2500 max....
Mine actually seems happier on a diesel, rotella (used), gasoline mix, then on the low sulphur diesel alone..... and, oh, she aggravates the hades outta the over the road truck drivers because she is slow, smokey, and gets better mileage then their new diesels......, the last one really gets them..... :beer:

Take good care of your deuce and she'll generally take care of you (AND your wallet),

:beer: :beer: :beer:

Kyle F. McGrogan

1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W "Saddam's Nightmare" Desert Storm and Vietnam Era deuce
19?? Johnson Mfg Co. M105A2 < ex OKLA ArmyNG unit
1967 Hercules MEP23A gas generator set
1963 Swiss Army Cargo Unimog S404.114 Mercedes Benz