• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Red Dot AC install on soft top gun ring W/ soft back

sermis

Decided to add AC to this hot beast. I don't have the rear armor plate and didn't was to spend the money for one. I made an angle iron frame that bolted to the floor using the cargo ring mounts and mounted the frame to the fenders using bolts. I mounted the frame in the bed behind the rear curtain. I didn't have the heavy "C" pillar to support the rear of the gun ring so I also made a mount from the angle iron frame to the rear ring mount "C" pillar. Everything is really strong now like it should be and really doesn't move.
I'm not overly happy with the AC as it doesn't seam to cool as well as it should but I still need to insulate parts of the cab. I kept hitting my head on the flex duct coming to the front of the truck. They are routed around the gun ring opening. I removed the flex tubing and placed the vents onto the AC unit its self. The fan blows strong enough that it circulates the air really good. I noticed that the condenser fans cycle on and off quite often. is there and adjustment to get them to run longer?

Attachments